You are here
RS0021 - Nexus 1000V Layer 3 VSM VEM Installation (Manual and VUM) (Part 2)
The video walks you through Cisco Nexus 1000V installation in Layer 3 mode. We will explore various methods to install both VSM and VEM so you can be aware of steps involved and determine which method will work best in your deployment. This lab takes what we have discussed on the Nexus 1000V introduction video, and applies them into actual implementation.
- Nexus 1000V Layer 3 Mode
- Primary VSM using OVA (Manually Configure)
- Secondary VSM using OVA (Nexus 1000V Secondary)
- VEM Install (Manual and VMware Update Manager)
- Control, Management VLAN
- System Vlan
- VEM Control (VMkernel) Interface with 'capability l3control'
- ESXi Hosts Added to vCenter
- VMware Update Manager Installed
- Download N1KV Software Package from cisco.com
- vCenter - IP, Username,Password
- N1KV - Hostname, Password, Mgmt IP, Subnet, GW,(Crtl,Mgmt) Vlan, Domain ID, Layer2/3 etc.